CEPA is a nonprofit organization whose membership is comprised of owners and operators of transmission pipelines, and those with an interest in the energy pipeline business. Our members transport virtually all of the natural gas and crude oil produced in Canada to markets across North America. As an industry association, CEPA:
- Acts on behalf of our membership to advance policy positions to government and other key stakeholders;
- Provides coordination and leadership on key sector issues, including regulatory and financial, and the industry’s safety and environmental initiatives, and
- Acts as an information clearinghouse for the public, media, and pipeline industry regarding pipeline issues.
CEPA members are served by our staff of fourteen which has a wide range of experience in government, regulation, and industry. We are committed to working on behalf of our members for successful and positive outcomes to challenges faced by the pipeline industry. CEPA members also benefit from:
- Participation in CEPA working groups to review, analyze and recommend industry policy positions on key issues
- Invitation to CEPA sponsored workshops and conferences
- Promotional opportunities at CEPA events
- Participation in meetings with regulators, policy makers and other stakeholders
- Input into the development of all technical research programs
Information Sharing Opportunities
- Input into the development of technical research programs
- Continued access to best practices as those practices improve over time
CEPA currently offers three classes of membership:
Those corporations, associations, partnerships, or other organizations, whose primary business is the transportation by pipeline of hydrocarbon substances or any other substance approved by the Board of Directors.
Those corporations, associations, partnerships or other organizations, whose business interests include the transportation by pipeline of hydrocarbon substances or any other substance approved by the Board of Directors.
Those corporations, associations, partnerships, other organizations, or individuals, with a bona fide interest in the energy pipeline business, but do not fall within the categories of Full or Technical Members.